Jack Wertheimer is professor of American Jewish history at the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York. Among his contributions to COMMENTARY are “Judaism Without Limits” (July 1997), “The Orthodox Moment” (February 1999), and “The Perplexities of Conservative Judaism” (September 2007).
Recent Article Posts
- What You Don’t Know About the Ultra-Orthodox
- The Outreach Revolution
- First New York's Jews, Then America's?
- The Ten Commandments of America's Jews
- The High Cost of Jewish Living
- The Truth About American Jews and Israel
- What Does Reform Judaism Stand For?
- The Perplexities of Conservative Judaism
- Whatever Happened to the Jewish People
- Jews and the Jewish Birthrate
- Jewish Security & Jewish Interests
- The Rabbi Crisis
- Surrendering to Intermarriage
- Who's Afraid of Jewish Day Schools?
- The Orthodox Moment
- The Disaffections of American Jews
- Politics and Jewish Giving
- Judaism Without Limits
- How to Save American Jews
- A Jewish Contract With America
- Anti-Semitism in America, by Leonard Dinnerstein; A Scapegoat in the New Wilderness, by Frederic Cople Jaher
- Family Values & the Jews