3. (a) Without the express written permission of Commentary, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this service, except that you may download material from this service for your own personal use as follows: you may make one machine-readable copy and/or one print copy for personal use only. You may not distribute any part of this service over any network or sell or offer it for sale. Files or Content from the Web Site may not be used to construct any kind of database.
(b) Commentary is concerned about the integrity of its service when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with our service. Neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of the service in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, including copyright, or that has not been authorized by us.
4. You will be responsible for all charges incurred while your account is being used, including charges for any goods or services. You may not transfer, sell, or otherwise assign your rights or obligations under this agreement.
6. The content and web site are provided “as is,” without any express or implied warranties. Commentary does not warrant that this service will be uninterrupted or error-free. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions, and inaccuracies in the information or other materials available through this web site. Commentary cannot and does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, noninfringement, title, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the content available through this web site, or the web site itself. Commentary does not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other material or database displayed, uploaded, or distributed in this web site or available though links available through the web site. Commentary reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions in this web site. Commentary does not guarantee or warrant that the content or materials that may be downloaded or accessed from the web site do not contain computer viruses, worms, trojan horses or other malicious code. Commentary is not liable for any damages or harm attributable to computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malicious code. You expressly agree that you will assume the entire risk as to the quality and the performance of the web site and the accuracy or completeness of its content.
7. If you purchase a subscription on the website, you are entitled to a refund on all the issues remaining from the time of cancellation to the subscription’s expiration date. Individual articles from our archive, Article Packs, Bundles, and donations are not refundable.
8. Harassment of, and abusive behavior towards, Commentary employees, but also including the magazine’s customer service representatives, may result in the cancellation of your subscription: print, digital, or both. In most cases, to be determined by Commentary, you will be refunded for all the issues remaining from the time of cancellation to the subscription’s expiration date.
9. Commentary and its directors, officers, managers, employees, agents, and licensors are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, in any way related to this service or for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions, or other inaccuracies in the content and web site (including without limitation as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of this agreement), even if Commentary has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of the content and web site.
10. The Web Site allows to you send letters to the editor (“Letters to the Editor Service”). The Letters to the Editor Service may be terminated at any time without notice. By using the Letters to the Editor Service, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Messages submitted to the Letters to the Editor Service are selected by Commentary at its sole discretion from among those submitted through the Web Site. Commentary has the right to refuse to post or remove, edit or abridge any message, letter or posting for any reason and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, all at Commentary‘s sole discretion. You agree to be fully responsible for your own submissions and agree to access and use the Letters to the Editor Services at your own risk on an as-is basis. By sending a message to the Letters to the Editor Service, you are granting Commentary a perpetual, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell such message and letter and to use your name and other identifying information you provide in connection with that message or letter. You agree to indemnify and hold Commentary and its directors, officers, managers, employees, agents, and licensors harmless from any claims, damages, losses or costs (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that arise out of any material you submit to the Letters to the Editor Service, including, without limitation, any material submitted or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates any person’s rights of publicity or privacy.
11. This agreement may be terminated by Commentary for any reason at any time. Sections 2 and 5 through 8 of this agreement shall survive such termination.